The closest thing to a cowgirl that I will ever be.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I need to have Will take pictures of me... not in a mirror,



In my mind it is fall. I don't care that it is still in the nineties here in Austin... I am wearing boots. That is one of the big benefits of living in Austin. In Champaign you could only wear cute boots for a few weeks before the weather would turn all wet and slushy. Then you would switch to the more Ugg style boots to slosh through the snow. Now that we live in the land of virtually no rain or snow, I can wear cute boots all the time! I was feeling very Texan yesterday and this is the outfit that happened. The shirt that I am wearing was from a barn dance sophomore year. You can't tell from the picture but it is a small plaid print of pink and purple. I hadn't worn it since then until yesterday. I don't have cowgirl boots yet so my new tan pair of boots are the best I got. Now I just need a cowgirl hat and a big belt buckle. We will call this our "before" picture and see how my Texas style evolves over time.





 Will and I went out to eat at Chuy's last night. Our young married lifegroup had a new couple join this week so we invited them out to dinner. They are the same age as us and recently married. Until now, we were definitely the babies of our lifegroup so it is nice to know another married couple our age.

I love my new camera. We got to the restaurant a little early last night so I snapped a few pictures. The location we went to was new to us and was actually the first Chuy's restaurant. Chuy's makes their tortillas right in the restaurant and they are so soft and yummy. Our awesome waiter brought me 6 extra tortillas to take home with my leftovers. Those extra tortillas will become super delicious breakfast tacos.

The outside of the building.

I think Will really enjoys my new camera and me constantly pestering him to look at me... just look at that expression of pure love and joy. I kid, I kid. But seriously, I sure do have one great husband. The other day we were cuddled up on the couch watching TV and I wanted some popcorn, but we were out. He offered to go get me some but I declined. So the next day he stopped by the store on the way home from work and picked some up as a surprise. I just love little gifts of love, especially the popcorn kind.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...